DMC 2022 - COVID 19 Guidelines
Our goal is to make sure our practice is as safe as possible for you, for other families that come to see us, and for our staff.
At the same time, we aim to provide the best care for children and families.
Video (Zoom) consultations
Continuing care: Video is our preferred format for continuing care consultations.
Initial Visits: Our default is to organise the initial visit by Zoom Video, then decide if and when a face-to-face visit is wise and appropriate.
If we do organise initial visits by Zoom, these will be 60 minutes rather than our default 90 minute face-to-face initial bookings.
Face to Face visits
There are circumstances where face-to-face is preferred, or even necessary. It is necessary to undertake physical examinations and developmental assessments of children. It is preferred when conversations are complicated and potentially difficult.
When a face-to-face is preferred:
- Our doctors and admin are triple-vaccinated
- We will be taking a RAT test ourselves at the onset of each week, and also if any of us develop any symptoms.
- We ask that you do not come if you have symptoms, or any other reason to believe you are at risk of infection (e.g. close contact)
- We ask that prior to coming you organise a test - either PCR within 3 days or RAT within 24 hours of the appointment, for everybody that attends.
- We ask that masks are worn in the waiting area. Whether they are to be worn during the consultation can be discussed with your doctor.
If you have any questions about this, about what arrangements are appropriate for your child and family, please email or call us.