Who we see
We see children and youth from the toddler years all the way through to when teenagers become adults.
We are not able to see anybody over the age of 18 for an initial consultation.
Types of problems
The types of problems we can help you with present themselves as unexpected developmental progress and / or unexpected behaviour.
The areas this may impact include:
- Early childhood development (e.g. slow to learn to talk, social and other developmental concerns)
- Learning at school - either generally, or in some areas such as literacy
- Language and communication
- Social behaviour, social learning
- Attention control, task planning and organisation
- Emotional control, including problems with fear and anxiety
- Motor coordination, and motor development
- Fine motor (e.g. handwriting)
Often the children we see have concerns that cross several of these areas.
If you are not sure whether we are the right specialists to help you and your child, please call us to discuss.
We do not provide paediatric services for general medical problems (such as diabetes and asthma).